[CALL FOR NOMINATION: Click here to get the document]
[NOMINATION FORM: Click here to download nomination form]
Since 2004, during the conference, WHO-Western Pacific Regional Office recognizes the outstanding work of certain cities in promoting and protecting health of urban populations through the WHO Healthy Cities Recognition. All awards will be related to the innovations that cities have adopted and amplified in the community to protect its citizens against the direct and indirect impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, including innovations aimed at reaching vulnerable groups. The awards will be presented at the Virtual Ninth Global Conference of the Alliance for Healthy Cities and is officially awarded by WHO WPR.
List of WHO Healthy Cities Recognition award categories:
- Innovative Approaches to address Air Pollution in Cities
- Reduction of harmful alcohol consumption and alcohol related harm
- Healthy Ageing through multi-sectoral collaboration
- Promoting healthy food environments, for all
- Commitment to physical fitness through effective partnerships
- Sharing clean air: Committed to multisectoral implementation of smoke-free laws
- Reaching and engaging vulnerable groups for their care and protection during the COVID-19 pandemic
Eligible applicants: Cities from Member States of the Western Pacific Region, World Health Organization
Deadline for submission: The last day nominations will be accepted is 10 September 2021. Any nominations received after this date may not be considered.
How to submit: Please complete the WHO Healthy Cities Recognition nomination form. Email your submission and supporting documents to the Social Determinants of Health and Violence and Injury Prevention Unit of WHO-WPRO (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recognition: Recognition will be awarded to nominees who successfully demonstrate best practice in the following areas. Awardees will be announced at the virtual Ninth Global Conference of the Alliance for Healthy Cities Global Conference, 03-05 November 2021.